We tried many of the little places, some better than others, but last night we hit the jackpot. We ended up in a small bar with 10 mini-tables and a dancing platform for flamenco. Dinner and show without drinks €15 per person, 3 course meal, appetizer, salad and entrance with many choices. What a show, a female singer, a guitar player and a male dancer. This was like going to the theater, very dramatic in many ways, from her voice and tone enthroned in the lyrics, the focus and concentration of the flamenco dancer where you can see his eyes absorbed in the lyrics of the song and the drastic movements. I tried to translate for Ed as hearing the lyrics added to the performance. It was just a phenomenal show for a fraction of the cost of one of those advertised flamenco shows.
Well, two more things... I can not close without writing about the shopping in Spain. It reminds me of Colombia, when Sales are announced as "Rebajas" on the windows, January is for 1st. Rebajas and now in February I saw 2nd Rebajas on every window. I wonder if when March comes it will be 3rd. Rebajas. The discounts are significant for winter clothes. No shopping for me until we get to Italy, do not want to carry anything, however I presume I may not get the same bargains as in Spain. Time will tell.
Lastly, I am amazed to see so many dogs walking next to their master without a leash, the owner carries the leash on his/her hand, but the dog walks straight next to the owner like a person. I have seen this on the streets and stores where pets are allowed and at the airport in Portugal and Spain. Besides, dogs rarely bark. I want to know how they are trained.
This episode closes our stay in Spain and we are heading now to La Côte d'Azur in France.


No comments:
Post a Comment